Chapter 1 - Train Ride Home (Part 1)


Looking at the blurred shades of green fly by the dusty window sill, my mind starts to wander. Its been a long time since i went home. And there is a very good reason why. But then Dad's lawyer's requested that all immediate family members be at the wake for the Will to be executed.

"Excuse me, could i see your ticket please?". I turned my face to my right and there stood a very suave young looking guy about 20 years of age. his eyes were a shade of blue, a blue so light that when coupled with his curly blonde hair, it was eye candy legit for many. His face was squared shapely with a well trimmed beard edging the ends of his face.

For a short moment, i didn't notice the awkward silence in between us, of him waiting for me to show my train ticket as i was mesmerized by his looks.

"Erm, Miss? I would like to see your boarding ticket please?" He asked again. His voice was deep yet melancholic. Again, i lost lost in this view hanging above me. 
"Miss? Do you have a ticket? You aren't allowed to be here if you don't have one and i may need you to step aside with me to purchase one. Train fare Evasion is a very serious matter"
His tone changed into something stronger, something deeper, like as if he was hoping that i really did not have a ticket on me.

"Yes i do," i stumbled out of my gaze and started to fumble around my little sling bag for my boarding ticket. I took it out and lifted the ticket stub right in front of him and waved it a little.
"I don't think fare evasion is a very proud action that i would take pride in," i said it with a little whimper.

He took my ticket and gave it a long hard look. Once he was done, he passed me back the ticket and walked on. Just like that. 

I decided to ignore him for now, as the heat is really getting to me. I pry open the window to let some wind get in. The afternoon breeze from outside the train, flew in with glee as it tussled with my brown hair, spewing some in my face. The cool air was refreshing and i continued to look on at the blurs of green and brown whisking past the train.